Neighborhood: Cheyenne Meadows
The neighborhood of Cheyenne Meadows was built right towards the end of the first real estate bust in the late 80's and completed around the mid 90's.
The Sites and Sounds of Cheyenne Meadows
Though, the neighborhood seems to be isolated 'in the SW corner' of Colorado Springs, it's location is actually quite perfect:
- Cheyenne Meadows is right outside Gate 3 of Ft. Carson
- It is within only a few miles of the heart of Colorado Springs ie. S Tejon street, S Nevada, S Cascade with its museums, famous hotels, restaurants, shops, parks, as well as bars and pubs.
- Most of Colorado Springs sights are in the south west of Colorado Springs and it will all be at your fingertips living right here! Visit the Broadmoor, enjoy the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, Helen Hunt Falls, or many of the the trails for hiking, cycling or motor biking.
If you live here, you will be in walking distance to Otero Elementary School and enjoy one of only a few designated dog parks in Colorado Springs.
Many little stores as well as a King Sooper (a Kroger store chain) are serving this neighborhoods residents immediate needs, with the Cheyenne Blvd Shopping Center and a Target close by. Rumor has it that across the Pikes Peak Community Center a new Walmart and Sam's is being built. I-25 is a mere 2 miles down the road from this house.
The Views are Stunning
Stepping out in the morning looking at beautiful Cheyenne Mountain is breath taking. Cheyenne Mountain never stays the same, except that it's always a wonderful sight to see.
If you feel adventurous, explore Cheyenne Mountain State Park - again, minutes away from Cheyenne Meadows - across the Ft. Carson main gate.
Dogs are not allowed on the trails and you will have to pay to get into the park, it might pay off to get a yearly pass, if you decide that you like to visit the park more often. The trails are great for mountain biking, running, hiking and offers many opportunities to take breathtaking photos of nature and wildlife. Speaking of wildlife: There are bears, mountain lions, deer, and small animals - pay attention, but don't let this scare you from enjoying this great park!
Enjoy camping? Or maybe you just want to try it out? Then go to Cheyenne Mountain State park with its new camping area and clean facilities. If you have visitors that bring a camper, have them stay at this park to experience Colorado Springs at it's best.
Last but not least, CMSP also offers an archery range and many opportunities for kids and adults to volunteer!
PCSing to Colorado Springs? Do you want to learn more about it?
If you are getting ready to move to Colorado Springs and you'd like to learn more about 'us' here then these blogposts might interest you:
- Getting to know Colorado Springs: Pet friendly accommodations
- After the fires come the flash floods
- Request A Map Of Fort Carson's Gates
- PCSing to Colorado Springs: House Hunting Without Using Your Leave Days
- Registering Your Vehicle In Colorado Springs
- Biking - Colorado Way of Life
- Colorado Springs Parks Provide Lots of Winter Fun
- Radon? There is radon here?
- Bears, Fox, Deer, Coyote, Mountain Lion...Wildlife where you live!
- University Village Shopping Center, Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs Water Companies in and around Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs' Sustainable Resource Groups -Join!!
- New Wildfire Season Is Upon Us - Are You Ready?
- Top 10 Easy Hiking Trails in Colorado Springs
- The Complete Guide To Climbing Pikes Peak
- It All Adds Up At The Money Museum In Colorado Springs
- "Waste Deep"-Hazardous Waste Recycling in Colorado Springs
- Colorado's Environmental Hazards - Beware Homebuyers (and Homeowners)
- Colorado's Most Scenic Drives to See Fall Colors
- State Parks Close To Home Offer Snow Fun
- What You Don't Know About Water in Colorado
- Guests are coming to town? What you can show them here in a day!
- Christmas in Colorado Springs - the dates might change, but hardly the events nor the big hearts of the Coloradans.
so much more information on this blog!
Call or text me if you'd like to know more about Colorado Springs 719-321-0800, email: firstname.lastname@example.org